Monday, September 7, 2009

DYING TO BE THIN...[UPDATED]


Shelly Guillory


The startling HBO documentary, THIN, in its entirety.


From HBO:

Thin

Eating disorders affect five million people in the U.S., and more than 10% of those diagnosed with anorexia nervosa will die from the disease. Seeking to put a human face on these sobering statistics, acclaimed photographer Lauren Greenfield went inside a Florida treatment center to tell the stories of four women who are literally dying to be thin. The devastating HBO documentary THIN reveals what she found there - and explores the issues underlying their illness.

UPDATE: HBO expresses its deepest sympathy to the family of Polly Williams for their tragic loss.

THIN:

UPDATE: The documentary, THIN, has been removed from previous links to other sites I had provided in this post due to claims of copyright infringement.

I do, however, have a personal copy of the documentary. If you would like to view it, please write me at gorgon@2medusa.com.


Click below to read more about Shelly Guillory and Polly Williams:

~ and ~

Follow on Buzz

3 comments:

Deni said...

I'm sitting here in tears, after watching all of this in the middle of the night.

I feel horrible for the women in this video, and ashamed that I can relate to some of the emotions they shared.

But I am also greatful that I was "pulled back from the cliff" before stepping over it completely by all of you who recognized Kimkins for the dangers it hides.

Hopefully someday, after I learn to deal with the emotions behind the desire to be thin, I can reach out and help women who take it this far.

For now, I'm proud to be one of the ones who can at least warn the unsuspecting that Kimkins is dangerous and can lead to the same health risks as anorexia.. and caters to the same emotional disorders.

Medusa said...

(((Deni)))

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment on the HBO documentary, THIN.

Thankfully, you were "pulled back from the cliff" before it was too late. Unfortunately, many have developed full-blown anorexia, bulimia, and other eating disorders as a result of Heidi Diaz's deadly diet.

And thank you for all the hard work you do in warning others of Kimmer's fraud and the Kimkins starvation diet.

Keep well and healthy...

CherryColors said...

I watched it, completely..
It's terrible.

I saw the intro and had to see the full documentary..
It's so sad, really depressing...

I'm grateful I saw it, because well.. it made me think in a different way.